De-Stress With Cooking!

Blah what a day! Its my day off... yet nothing seems to be going right!
Do no stores keep in stock whole chickens! I mean really! After my 3rd store I asked the lady behind the VONS meat counter... "Please, do you have any whole chickens?" After a long wait she comes from the back with her last box of whole chickens, On sale I might add! I was so excited she talked me into two!

From my previous post "Super Cook" I found the following recipe, the photo looks amazing and hopefully, listening to some good music, I can pull it off!



The Recipe:

Mustard-Roasted Chicken

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
  • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
  • 16 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
  • 2 3 1/2- to 4-pound whole chickens, rinsed, patted dry

  • 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
  • 6 fresh sage sprigs

Preparation

Whisk mustard, olive oil, parsley, and thyme in small bowl to blend. Stir in garlic. Spread mustard mixture generously inside cavities and over outside of chickens. Place chickens in glass baking dish; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Let chickens stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Sprinkle chickens generously inside and out with salt and pepper; let stand 30 minutes longer.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chickens on rack set in large roasting pan. Tie legs together to hold shape. Spread any accumulated mustard marinade from dish over chickens. Place rosemary and sage sprigs atop chickens. Roast chickens until juices run clear when fork is inserted into thickest part of thigh, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 1 hour 10 minutes.

Divide Warm Frisée, Fingerling, and Bacon Salad among 6 plates. Carve chickens and arrange atop salad. Spoon some of pan juices over and serve.


A Few Hours Later...
Well I did it and it didn't burn! It tasted yummy, you should give this a try! A few things I added were, I used a combination of Dijon and Sierra Nevada stone mustard and I also added a whole lemon in the cavity of the chicken that had been sliced so the juices would run out. I served it with red skin mashed potatoes and sweet corn.

Here are some pictures - give this recipe a try!




0 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Post a Comment