Adobo Chicken Recipe By Sam The Cooking Guy

Finally!! I've been able to make Adobe Chicken by Sam The Cooking Guy.
I posted about a week ago about how I was going to make it and I also picked up the ingredients, but then, like always the week got busier and busier!


Photo from Facebook Fan Page

I've always loved Sam Zein's cooking show. It's simple recipes, with style, that I enjoy cooking and eating! The Cooking Guy website it is streamlined and simple to navigate making it easy to find the perfect recipe for your cooking adventures. You can find him on twitter, facebook, and i just came across the blog! Can't wait to devour more on that! :)
Please take a moment to check out these sites, recipes, and the cook books... I know you'll love it too.
___________________________________________________
 From the website of Sam The Cooking Guy
Adobo Chicken recipe by Sam The Cooking Guy
Oh my god! This is so good it could easily be the national dish of the Philippines (and Sam the Cooking Guy).

Ingredients
* 2 pounds chicken thighs
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup white vinegar
* 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 bay leaves

Steps
1. Combine soy, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar, garlic and bay leaves in the bottom of a large pot.
2. Place chicken skin side down in pot and bring to a boil.
3. Immediately turn down to a simmer and cover with lid
4. After 30 minutes, remove lid and turn chicken over and simmer for an additional 20 - 30 minutes
5. Serve with steamed rice
___________________________________________________

Here we go, The final plating!
I served it with rice and broccoli.
The sauce boiled down into a reduction, which is always a yummy thing to me. It was simple to prepare and not a lot of dishes to wash up!! (awesome!) The chicken came out tender and moist. I felt that maybe next time I would use a lower sodium soy sauce. But all in all I really enjoyed it. I'd really like to pick up one of or all of Sam The Cooking Guy's cookbooks and see what other recipes are yummy.




post signature

0 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Post a Comment