Cheating With A Bread Maker?

Is using a bread machine cheating?
I hope not!
There is nothing else I love more than fresh baked bread! The smell, taste, and sort of cozy comfort it delivers. But I don't really have the know how to make it perfect like from a little bakery on Chaussée d'Ixelles in Belgium, unfortunately that's a bit far from my little home in San Diego...
And sure I could just find a bakery here but it just takes away all the fun of wearing a bit of flour on your clothes and in your hair.
I've made bread from scratch before the measuring exact ingredients, mixing,  kneading, rising, blah-blah-blah. Yes, having the Kitchen Aid Mixer really helps, but still I can't get it just perfect!

So tonight as I type this out... I am attempting my first bread machine bread!
Thanks to my Mommy Debbie ♥, lending us her Welbuilt bread machine I've added the ingredients, pushed a few buttons, and let it do its thing.

Hopefully if everything goes o.k., we will be enjoying a two pound fresh, french baked bread with medium color crust! Can't wait!

Update and photo to follow!


post signature

0 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Post a Comment