Pomegranate Oatmeal Drops

Pomegranate Oatmeal Drops are super yummy! You have got to try this recipe!
After learning about Pomegranate's in my Friday class I've been inspired! Before that Pomegranate class I had never even tasted them.
For the cookie party I hosted this year I surfed the web for a unique recipe, I came across the POM Wonderful website and found a cookie recipe. I was super excited to make and try these and I was very pleased with the end result.


Pomegranate Oatmeal Drops From POM Wonderful
Ingredients

* Juice from 1 large POM Wonderful
Pomegranate* or 1/4 cup POM Wonderful
100% Pomegranate Juice
* 1 cup arils from 1 large POM Wonderful
Pomegranate
* 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine,
softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots, cranberries,
cherries or apples (I used a dried apples I found at Henry's)
* 1/2 cup raisins (I used a reddish colored raisins I found at Henry's)

Preparation

1. Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
2. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
3. Preheat oven to 375F. In a bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl beat together butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the pomegranate juice and egg. Stir in the flour mixture, reserved arils, apricots and raisins.
4. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are golden brown; do not overbake.
6. Transfer cookies to wire rack with spatula; cool. Store in a tightly covered container or freeze for up to several months.

Nutrients per Serving
Nutrients Per Serving(1 cookie): 87 calories, 1g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 3g total fat (2g saturated), 10mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium

Note
For 1 cup of juice, cut 2 to 3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.


My Photos








post signature

1 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy!

Post a Comment