Easy, Peasy, Corny, Yes!! Pleasy!

Golden stock. I had no idea it was a thing. Super simple and makes your corn chowder even corny-er. 🤣


Corn stock aka golden stock: at least four corn cobs, two teaspoons of salt, water to cover cobs in a stock pot... boil then simmer for a few hours.
You could also throw in a bay leave, thyme, get creative.

Easy, peasy, corny, yes!! pleasy!

Corn chowder: I adapted the recipe from thechunkychef.com by using the ingredients I had avalivble from our amazing CSA box we get every Saturday via Yasukochi Family Farms. 

The chowder  is creamy, delicious and a meal in its self. I used the corn of the cob for the  chowder.

If I don't have enough cobs for the stock or not ready to make yet, I'll freeze the cobs till ready to make.

0 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Post a Comment