Cook Through 'River Cottage Everyday' - pages: 204, 322


Recipe: 'My Herby Grilled Chicken'
Page: 204

Recipe: 'Cauliflower Cheese'
Page: 322



Cheese sauce! Mmmmmmmmmm I practically licked my plate clean. I could (and would) make that sauce again and pour it all over anything I eat!  The 'Cauliflower Cheese' consist of a roux base, aged white cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Using peppercorn, onion, and bay leaf fused into the milk and strained into the roux added lots of flavor. Oh! it was good!

Th 'My Herby Grilled Chicken' was great too! Light and fresh. It would even be nice chilled and cut for over a salad. For the herb marinade I used what I had, a bit of thyme, rosemary and parsley. I baked it off in the oven and it was still great although next time I would try it on the grill. 

All in all a great meal! 



post signature

1 comments. Click here to leave your comment.:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I know this place and I would kill for their cheese sauce! It's out of this world although I'm not a big cheese lover. We used to go there with friends and play scrabble or associations every Thursday, the atmosphere and stuff are very good. By the way, I'm now using scrabble cheat to kick my friends' asses :))

Post a Comment